The Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500
There are three main types of Fishfinders that you can choose from: the standalone type, the combo type and the network type.
The most commonly used are the combo type. This unit is a combination of fishfinder and GPS.
With so many brands and price range in the market, choosing the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 can sometimes be daunting.
How to choose the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500
The price of a standard model of Fishfinder combo range between $350 to $700 depending on the added features of the unit.
If you are a cross between a novice fisherman and a professional fisherman, the Best Fishfinder GPS combo under 500 would be suited for you.
With this price range, you can get premium features and still stay within your budget.
The Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 can have any or a combination of the following features:
• Colored Screen in high resolution. You can see every detail of the scan using a colored screen with high pixel resolution. You can differentiate between fish and corals, as well as recognize terrains.
• Good scanning capabilities. The Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 should be capable of scanning in every direction. Although most models scan downwards, there are others that can scan sidewards as well.
• Fit. Size matters when it comes to choosing the Best Fishfinder GPS Cobo under 500. Choose a size that is not too small you cannot easily distinguish the image or too large that you cannot easily carry it around with you.
• Type. There are model types that can be mounted on your boat or cast out into the sea. A mounted type should have a separate transducer for monitoring while a cast finder uses a receiver for monitoring. If you plan to do deep sea fishing, a mounted type will be more suited for your use.
Advantages of having the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500
There are a lot of advantages in using the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 and here are a few of them:
• Cost Efficient. You save on cost by purchasing the unit as one rather than buying the fishfinder and the GPS separately.
• Simplify things. You have a fishfinder and a navigation device in one.
• Easy Navigation. You can easily pinpoint your location and see where you are headed using the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500.
• Avoid accidents. Since you can see the water ahead, you can easily determine if you are heading towards an inlet that can get you stuck.
• Fish anywhere. You can fish either in deep water or shallow water and mark these areas for your return.
• Easy charting. Fishfinders normally come with preloaded maps. Using the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500, you can customize your charts to mark your prime fishing area.
How to maximize the use of your Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500
Having a GPS installed with your Fishfinder can give you an entirely new experience in fishing. To maximize the features of your Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500, here are a few tips that you should remember:
• Buoys are used in the ocean to mark shipping lanes and water depth. You can see where these buoys are placed using the Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500. You don’t have to plot them yourself.
• Sea creatures love shipwrecks making it a prime fishing ground. Your Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 can highlight underwater wrecks on your screen, be on the lookout for them.
• Use the contour lines to your advantage. The contour lines will show you the topography of the ocean. The Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 can tell you where the hills and valleys are, underwater.
• The Best Fishfinder GPS Combo under 500 can track the layout of the seabed. You can use this to position your boat for a better catch.